Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Three Top Games

Both Christmas and my anniversary have passed, and I have to say that I'm a happy camper. I got everything I wanted for Christmas, and luckily my anniversary falls right after Thanksgiving, which gave me yet another chance for a gift. So with that said and done, here are my long overdue reviews for each of my recent acquisitions.

Call of Duty 5

I honestly didn't think I'd like this game because I'm not too big on WWII weapons. But after having this since Nov 30th, I have to say that this game rocks. The graphics are just as good, if not somewhat better than COD4. The developers did a great job of improvising and making the weapons react like modern day weapons, without stretching the believability of the game. So far my favorite weapon is the MP40 with the black dot sight. If you’re a fan of the COD franchise, then you’ll love this game just as much as you did the rest. Two of my favorite new features have to do with the ability to revive fallen players and the chance of driving a tank. The last feature reminds me so much of Battlefield 2 that it actually makes me wish that Bad Company had been as good as COD.

Gears of War 2

To be honest I haven’t had as much time to play this as I’d like to have. I just got it last week, but I’ve been addicted to Fallout 3, so my gaming has been concentrated there. Graphically, it’s just as good if not better that GOW. The game play is where this game just shines. One of my favorite new abilities is the human shield feature. The concept of having someone else take bullets meant for me just makes my day. In addition they’ve added the ability to duel it out with the chainsaw, which just rocks. I’ve managed to win 2 out of 3 of these duels with some pretty gory results.

Fallout 3

I’ve never played a Fallout game before, so imagine my surprise when I got to try this out. This game just screams fun. Graphically the game is impressive, but it’s true strength lies in it’s game play. The game plays out like most role playing games, giving you options as you go along, but it adds a twist. Fallout 3 allows the user to choose between typical role playing and first person shooter, which just adds to the whole feel of the game.

The missions are almost as involved as the imaginary world you inhabit. The ability to walk anywhere, and have various things change, allows you to keep playing, while never getting bored. This game has quickly become my favorite taking up most if not all of my gaming time.

No comments: